Sunday, October 17, 2010

Month of Birthdays

Wow! I can't believe it's been a month since the last time I blogged! I had intentions of starting a post 2 or 3 different times but always ended up getting sidetracked or not having enough time.
Derek's birthday was Saturday. I can't believe he is now 9! As he put it, it's the last year of single digits. How did this happen? It seems like he grew up a lot this last year. He's made some good friends here and one or 2 I wish he didn't like so much but I know I can't choose his friends so I just try to give him the tools to make good decisions.

We had a combined birthday party for all 3 kids this Saturday. There weren't many kids but it seemed everyone had a good time. There's a place here called Pump It Up that has the inflatable houses and slides, great place for a party with kids of all ages. Even though it was Derek's birthday, the twins got to celebrate theirs as well. The twins' birthday is the 25th. They have swimming class that day and then I'll be taking them to Chuck E Cheese's. Guess it's just something ya gotta do...lol. Derek's out of school the next 2 weeks for Fall break so he'll get to see their swimming classes and we'll get some time together just the 2 of us, that doesn't happen often. I'm kinda looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. Aww seems like they had a great time! I can't believe how big they are all getting. They are great kids, good job Shari!

    ReplyDelete